Sunbelt Wellness Institute is proud to announce its affiliation with TriWest Healthcare Alliance! TriWest was founded in 1996 with the goal to serve our nation’s Veterans and military community. Today, through the VA MISSION Act passed in June 2019, TriWest and its affiliates play a key role in providing access to care through a network of more than 1,000,000 providers.
Our Veteran community will have better access and greater choice in health care either at the VA or a community provider (like Sunbelt Wellness Institute) through improved eligibility criteria. If you believe Ketamine Infusion Therapy may be right for you, please discuss this option with your VA provider.
Key aspects of community care eligibility are noted below:
1. Veterans must receive approval from VA prior to obtaining care from a community provider in most circumstances
2. Veterans must either be enrolled in VA health car3e or be eligible for VA care without needing to enroll to be eligible for community care.
3. Eligibility for community care will continue to be dependent upon a Veteran’s individual health care needs or circumstances.
4. VA staff members generally make all eligibility determinations.
5. Veterans will usually have the option to receive care at a VA medical facility regardless of their eligibility for community care.
6. Meeting any on of six eligibility criteria listed below is sufficient to be referred to a community provider – a Veteran does not have to meet all of them to be eligible.
1. Veteran needs a service not available at a VA medical facility.
2. Veteran lives in a US state or territory without a full-service VA medical facility.
3. Veteran qualifies under the “Grandfather” provision related to distance eligibility for the Veterans Choice Program.
4. VA cannot furnish care within certain designated access standards.
5. It is in the Veteran’s best medical interest.
6. A VA service line does not meet certain quality standards.
More details and frequently asked questions can be found here
If you are interested in more information about Sunbelt Wellness Institute, or to schedule your free consultation, please give us a call @ 904.328.6749