WHO CAN BENEFIT?
Ketamine Infusion Therapy has been found effective in mood disorders including: Treatment Resistant Depression, Bipolar Depression, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. This therapy is also effective in chronic pain conditions including: Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, Chronic Headache, Fibromyalgia, and other neuropathic pain conditions.
HOW DOES IT WORK ?
- Most medications prescribed for treatment-resistant mood disorders and chronic pain work by changing the amount of specific neurotransmitters, chemical messengers, in the brain. The side effects of these medications can be debilitating.
- Ketamine works in a different way. IVKT triggers a cascade of events in the brain, temporarily blocking the activation of certain chemical receptors in the brain and signaling other pathways. Ketamine works on NMDA receptors, producing a protein that causes rapid growth of new neural connections, or “rewiring” of the brain. This rewiring effect leads to the antidepressant and anti-inflammatory benefits of IVKT.
- Intravenous infusion is the Gold Standard for Ketamine therapy and is widely supported in published clinical studies.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
- A routine IVKT session, including professional assessment and infusion, will take approximately 90 minutes. You will be monitored throughout your treatment by one of our Certified Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs) and Registered Nurse (RN) professionals.
- Although patient responses vary, most who have received IVKT experience immediate and effective relief from their symptoms during and after the treatment. Ketamine infusion therapy has the potential to pave the way for lasting relief.
- Ketamine is not a one-time, permanent treatment. For most patients the symptomatic relief from IVKT will begin to diminish over time. In general, a series of infusions provides longer lasting relief than does a single treatment.
- Many patients who have undergone IVKT report that they are able to break out of persistent negative thoughts and behaviors and are feel well-equipped to handle life’s challenges.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS DO I NEED?
- Ketamine infusions are typically administered via six (6) one-hour infusions over a fourteen-day (14) period. After that, maintenance infusions are done once monthly, according to your individual care plan.
IS KETAMINE THERAPY COVERED BY INSURANCE?
- IVKT is a fee-for-service therapy. We require payment at the time of service. We will be happy to provide you with the necessary documents to submit to your insurance provider for reimbursement. We accept cash, major credit cards, and offer financing through the Advanced Care card.